Saturday 28 March 2009

Earth Hour 2009

MandM poses the question, "what you are going to do to protest earth hour?"

Last year Act on Campus Canterbury attended the Earth Hour event in Cathedral Square, Christchurch. We handed out pamphlets, put up posters, shone our torches, and got on TV.  This time round it has been much more low key, with Rick the objectivist and I handing out pamphlets at University over the last couple of days.

I'm also involved with the Anti Earth Hour Blog, which is running under the motto, SWITCH ON THE LIGHTS!!!

Tonight I think I'll lie low and have a quiet beer or two with my mate who's down from Auckland for Le Race. We'll make sure that the beer is absolutely freezing cold, as this will use more energy. Take one for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.