Saturday 29 March 2008

Poetry from Italy

When I was in Italy, looks like 1 May 2005, I sat down with my Toshiba Satellite 2450 (sigh... what a beauty of a laptop) and wrote some poetry. I just can't get enough of looking back over some of my old writing, hope you don't mind my reminisce.
How do you know we had to go?
Huh, every chance you get - you blow.
Tell me why, I'd love to know.
Just please don't let us miss the show.

Most of them say go with the flow
Ask the guys who earn their dough
They don't hang their jeans down low
All wear their fluro glasses though.

Come on kid, lets do this bro,
We'll get the job done even so.
Lets on ahead, defeat the foe.
You'll never shine if you don't glow

Run ahead and stub your toe.
Gotta know just when to say no...
I'll wait behind and watch you grow.
Get the bunch of keys, kid, go

Don't go fast, you gotta go slow.
Take it nice and easy bro.
That's what Italians do, you know.
Oh boy enough of all this Oh.
And this next thing is a bit random, but heck, why should I act all normal? Nobody's normal.

...But, hey, a 1, 2, 3! I'm no good at making beds.
I prefer drinking wine insteads...
Or chopping off bad people's heads.
Sometimes I feel I've got no legs,
But then I'm told that rum comes in kegs.
Hang the Washing out with pegs,
Mum pleads with me; she asks, she begs.
Why do you always use the hose?
People make you pay through the nose.
And don't break the thorny bits off the rose.
Why are kids so stupid? Who knows?
Lets now stop this weirdo prose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.