Monday 24 September 2007

How does he do it?

Si, my younger brother. He's bigger and stronger than me. He earns more than me. He's got nice clothes. He sleeps on a real bed. He knows the difference between a Mocha and a Flat White. He's got quite a few mates from work.

He runs Windows Vista on his sweet as Laptop, an Asus F5R. He collects shoes. He has a pretty big shoe collection now, and at his request, I have made him a website for his hobby. I'm actually pretty happy with the site. It's definitely cutting edge. At least, the resizing images are a breakthrough.

Si and I get on pretty well. I wake him up 10 minutes before it's time to go on Sunday morning. He gets out movies and other... refreshments, his shout. I give him a hard time about Windows Media Player locking up on his laptop. He punches me in the back. I borrow $500 bucks from him. He asks me to get the internet going. My computer chair breaks. I take his.

"the secret to the 60 hour week"

4 comments:

  1. Ha! This is the dark truth about younger siblings, they are all stronger and smarter then you. And in the case of my younger sister why prettier as well. It's like Dad and Mom had a trial run with the older kids and then got it all right the next few times around:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... Good to know there's someone out there in the Universe who understands what I'm saying.

    Heheh, the last sentence in your comment is funny, and...

    "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoes? And to think I never knew. What dark secret we keep. This is a very revealing post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes... revealing (doh, only one L!) and disturbing. Did you see Si's website?

    It's a bit of a concern mate.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.