Thursday 13 September 2007

Most Tranquil

Meandering ahead, the bright sunny street,
The tarcealed footpath warm under my feet.

Fresh cut grass glistening with the morning dew,
Smells just like last spring, yet refreshing and new.

A cluster of daffodils springs from the grass,
The carefully trimmed verge is just perfect, first class.

Cherry blossom trees line the long winding street,
The well-kept gardens looking charming and neat.

"Tranquil. Most tranquil" - the thought crosses my mind.
Drive past in the car; it's as if you were blind.

A good pair of jandals and cut-off jeans shorts,
Open-neck tartan shirt, my head-full of thoughts.

"First Spring", this is the first spring that I have known,
And I am walking down the street on my own.

Everything's like no-one has seen it before,
and I know what I've waited all winter for.

2 comments:

  1. Man, what an awesome poem. Most tranquil. That's how I kinda feel about spring: Even though its happened so many times it's fresh and new every year. Good on ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyd, I have to say just now, that as I walked down Apsley Street, the thought really did hit me.

    "Tranquil. Most tranquil."

    And today, as I walked home from the bus stop, there were these two most fabulous blossom trees.

    Remind me to get the camera out early tomo morning, and we'll snap some sweet as shots.

    Excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.