Friday 28 September 2007

computers

This is my live post documenting the computers I have owned.

1. Mac

Bought for $25 from a garage sale in about 1999. At this time, Si also had an identical Mac which cost him only $5. The picture may not be exactly right, but it was "one of those macs with a handle". Coolness.

2. Zenith laptop running Windows 3.1

This was the closest image I could find. Mine had the black and white screen. I paid not very much for it, could have been $50. I sold it for $200 - could have been $250.

3. Pentium I IBM 75mhz 32mb 1gb

Again, this is a similar but not exact image of this computer. I paid (sigh...) was it $375 or $475? It could have even been $200, I can't remember. It was an absolute bargain. Came with a sweet as computer desk, a printer, a then unheard of 21" monitor that weighed more than you do. It was a very reliable computer with a huge 1gig hard drive and a CD drive that sounded like some music you hear today on the radio. I played Hugo's Horiffic Adventure, Nitemare, Avenger and other classics. The Age of Empires I demo only just worked on it, so that was fun too. I learned heaps on this computer.

brief list which will be updated eventually:
  • Toshiba Satellite 2450
  • Toshiba Satellite 2410
  • Toshiba Satellite 333mhz
  • The "blue beast"
  • The red apple
  • The computer on the side of the road
  • Asus A6000
  • Toshiba TE2100
  • Toshiba Satellite A100
  • Current computer (built)
  • "aeroplane" computer
  • 4 X Compaq 200mhz, 2gb, 32mb
  • Compaq 400mhz, very stable, excellent case
  • 1X Dell laptop & 1 X Toshiba laptop - parts only
  • Artec Archie (Shop4Computers) $220, 1.1ghz?, 20gig
Wow, this list is long. I'll bit by bit work on remembering and noting down things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.