Wednesday 31 October 2007

cuppa

11:30 something pm and my brother and I have just about finished off the dishes.

I had poured "that much" Earl Grey leaves into the generous one-cup/"only-just" two-cup glass tea-pot that Gran gave us last time she came down to visit us.

The kettle had just boiled and was still bubbling as I poured just about the right amount into the teapot and flicked on the black plastic tea-pot lid.

Give 'er about four or five minutes.

I pulled the big cup out of the top cubboard, noting with no concern the large chip in the lip.  This was a big cup, would hold a can of coke I reckon.

No need to pre-heat the cup, the tea's so nice 'n hot.

As an over-paid and bored waiter would pour syrup onto pancakes, I poured the tea into my big white cup with wavy blue lines and blue dots.  Hand-painted... probably by some kid in China in a dirty great factory...

In one movement, the correct amount of green milk from the 3L bottle in the fridge was swirling into the tea in my cup.

No room for error here, you've got to have green-milk (doesn't matter how old it is), and if you pour it right, there's no need to use a spoon.

Sinless City by Dead Poetic is playing through the headset of my Motorola V360.

With the milk back in the fridge I swing the fridge door shut, hoping if by some miracle the other milk in the jug in the fridge door won't spill everywhere.

The first sip is great. 

Drinking in the fashion of one of the soldiers in Gideon's victorious army, I drank.

There's that hint of bitterness, the Earl Grey flavour which continues as the tea continues it's journey of um... yeah, anyway... ;)

I breathe through my nose into the hot tea and the steam warms my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.