Friday 25 January 2008

Blogging from Dunners

Yawn, it's 11:39pm on the 25th of January, and I'm down in Dunedin in a comfortable internet-cafe. Tomorrow it will be about three weeks since my last post, and heck, those three weeks have gone by fast and hectic.

Three weeks ago, googling dontvotelabour.org.nz returned 570 results - now it returns 15,200 results, so the message is definitely getting out there. The Bebo fanclub, the Facebook group, and the forum are all taking off.

Boy, I'm tired. Today was the last day of adventure camp at Waihola, where I was helping out as a leader. That was pretty flat out, but a great time with the kids, and catching up with the other leaders. The camp director pushed me in the lake, there I was in my last set of dry clothes, and there she goes and shoves me in. I ended up losing one of my sandals in the murky, muddy depths, but they were Simon's anyway, so I threw the other one in the bin.

10 minutes left until my hour of internet runs out. I'm going to wander around a bit more then head for the Railway station which is where I'll catch my bus for Christchurch in the morning.

Heh, then you've got all the drama with the so-called "Kiwi Party" - the re-branded Future New Zealand, with Gordon Copeland resigning, stating that it was in order to focus on his responsibilities as an Independent Member of Parliament. It's an absoulte shambles, a Mickey Mouse outfit. It's been an embarrasment to all involved from the word go. Gordon has missed the third (final) readings of two very important bills, the anti-smacking bill, and then the electoral finance bill. Sure, he's got his excuses all sorted out, but quite frankly, there is no excuse for it. Then you've got the poorly handled PR disaster involving the "attempted Destiny merge".

I've probably said enough... Anyway, will just say hi, and then sign off.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that's where you've been.

    In demand, mister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andy - have blogged about the Don't Vote Labour nobbling this morning

    http://keepingstock.blogspot.com/2008/01/efa-gets-its-first-victim.html

    Hang in there brother - Labour's attack on you will backfire.

    Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui
    Be strong, be bold, be steadfast and sure

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.